1993-09-14 - Re: warez garbage cluttering the screen

Header Data

From: rjc@gnu.ai.mit.edu (Ray)
To: thug@phantom.com (Murdering Thug)
Message Hash: bbabfa9bdd614eecde902946ceda5fd2aa059e9740a1aee8b27a86221077070f
Message ID: <9309140848.AA23759@geech.gnu.ai.mit.edu>
Reply To: <m0ocVHw-0009HYC@mindvox.phantom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-09-14 08:48:56 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 14 Sep 93 01:48:56 PDT

Raw message

From: rjc@gnu.ai.mit.edu (Ray)
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 93 01:48:56 PDT
To: thug@phantom.com (Murdering Thug)
Subject: Re: warez garbage cluttering  the  screen

Murdering Thug () writes:

> > What have these endless  bandwidth wasting   lists   of
> >                supposed   warez   sites  to  do  with  Cypherpunks? Please
> > take  your  personnal  vendettas  elsewhere.  I  pay  for DL  time.
> >
> > ---Marc
>
> 1) The fl0w of wArEz keeps the universe in perfect harmony.  Without wArEz
> there would be no life as we know it.  And just because you are a rich fat
> fuck who can afford to plunk down $795 for a copy of Pagemaker, you
> shouldn't take a moral stance against those who cannot afford such
> extortion yet need these software tools to keep up technologically with
> rich fat fucks like yourself.

  And later...

> 3) I don't give a flying fuck if you pay for your DL time.  If you're
> stupid enough to be using AOL as your Internet port of entry, then you
> deserve to be ripped off by Compuserve's evil bastard cousin.  Why don't
> you point and click yourself a new brain, and join a flat-rate system like
> Netcom or any of the hundred other public access internet sites. Support the
> small entrepreneurs instead of those lazy fat bastard nazi censors at AOL.

  Obviously, if you had a brain, you'd be using FreeWare TeX instead of
PageMaker, or you'd realize that there are competing packages out that
with similar features but at a lower cost. Ya, software is extortion alright.
Produce wealth in today's world but refuse to release it to looters without
charging them a fee and you're in the protection reacket. Ha.
The part about warez being digital coins is nonsense. If there was
a free fL0w 0f wAr3z, your currency would be devalued to nothing. There'd
be no point of "trading" warez cause anything you had, I could get
myself. It is only because wArEz]<1dZ like yourself run pseudo-elitist
cliques where having 0-dayz old wAReZ is king that you see any value at
all in trading Mortal Kombat or beta copies of Windoze.

(these "warez" sites on the net are hilarious. 99% of them are run out
of the /tmp directory (under ftp or fsp) and others under student accounts.
Unknowingly, many of them show up under archie! So much for secrets.
Save yourself, and the net, the trouble of trading warez via anonymous
remailers and call up your local pirate bbs instead)

Thread