1993-09-17 - RE: REMAIL pasting syntax

Header Data

From: nobody@rosebud.ee.uh.edu
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c166ae4be7ba945e35c3feb94890c705ae3135614d625ae710b23764ed28aaa1
Message ID: <9309171534.AA07928@toad.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 17 Sep 93 08:35:09 PDT

Raw message

From: nobody@rosebud.ee.uh.edu
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 93 08:35:09 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: RE: REMAIL pasting syntax

Earlier, an anonymous person asked about pasting syntax, about how to
paste in a CC: header.

The answer is: it depends on which remailer you use.  For a Hal-style
cypherpunks remailer, you would do something like this:

----------8< cut here >8----------
::
Request-Remailing-To: someone@somwhere

##
CC: I am pasting this into the header as the mail leaves

Here is my message
----------8< cut here >8----------

But, if you use Chael's remailer (since I beleive he wrote his own
software!), you would do this:

----------8< cut here >8----------
::
Request-Remailing-To: someone@somewhere
CC: I am pasting this into the header as the mail leaves

Here is my message

Of course, you would only want to paste at the last hop since the
remailers would trim it out otherwise.

For example, this message should have an "X-CC:" header I pasted in.

--
Karl L. Barrus: klbarrus@owlnet.rice.edu
keyID: 5AD633 hash: D1 59 9D 48 72 E9 19 D5  3D F3 93 7E 81 B5 CC 32

"One man's mnemonic is another man's cryptography"
  - my compilers prof discussing file naming in public directories

Thread