1993-09-07 - Remailer Reliability

Header Data

From: b44729@achilles.ctd.anl.gov (Samuel Pigg)
To: klbarrus@owlnet.rice.edu
Message Hash: cb9e6104366b045c1e04ccd026ff0a2295f9f95b087929c7c9ae4ba3c061d859
Message ID: <9309071157.AA05471@achilles.ctd.anl.gov>
Reply To: <9309051614.AA27793@flammulated.owlnet.rice.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1993-09-07 12:02:29 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 7 Sep 93 05:02:29 PDT

Raw message

From: b44729@achilles.ctd.anl.gov (Samuel Pigg)
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 93 05:02:29 PDT
To: klbarrus@owlnet.rice.edu
Subject: Remailer Reliability

	Karl> Samuel Pigg wrote:
>go here. A simple command language for the remailers would allow
>the header construction software already being worked on by
>ebrandt@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (CRM) and others to use tricks
>like this to defend against attacks.

	Karl> ??

	Karl> Header construction software for unix and pc's has
	Karl> existed for months and is available at soda.berkeley.edu

	Karl> Granted, I'm waiting to validate three of the remailers
	Karl> so the scripts are a bit out of date, especially the dos
	Karl> batch files...

Ok.. I'll rewrite it:

>go here. A simple command language for the remailers would allow
>the header construction software already around to use tricks
>like this to defend against attacks.

The point is that header contruction software would be able to use the
remailer command language in the header contruction to custom tailer
some of the defense against statistical and traffic based remailer
attacks.

Sam Pigg                                  dt1acaa@cfraix.cfr.usf.edu
samp@renoir.cftnet.com        <or>       b44729@achilles.ctd.anl.gov
PGP Key Fingerprint: ED A7 49 33 65 90 9A BD A4 E4 C5 92 5A 00 BC 6C

Thread