1993-09-14 - Re: warez garbage cluttering the screen

Header Data

From: geoffw@nexsys.net (Geoff White)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: cf092af5d9368439f31c2ffb2027ac54ef201c3894910d94a6b4c81665bc1f46
Message ID: <9309141508.AA05531@nexsys.nexsys.net>
Raw Date: Tue, 14 Sep 93 08:13:58 PDT

Raw message

From: geoffw@nexsys.net (Geoff White)
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 93 08:13:58 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: warez garbage cluttering  the  screen

> From toad.com!owner-cypherpunks@cdp.igc.org Tue Sep 14 06:16:19 1993
> From: Timothy Newsham <newsham@wiliki.eng.hawaii.edu>
> Subject: Re: warez garbage cluttering  the  screen
> To: loki@convex1.TCS.Tulane.EDU (the mischeivious god)
> Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1993 22:43:49 -1000 (HST)
> Cc: cypherpunks@toad.com
>

> > > What have these endless  bandwidth wasting   lists   of
> > >                supposed   warez   sites  to  do  with  Cypherpunks? Please
> > > take  your  personnal  vendettas  elsewhere.  I  pay  for DL  time.
> > >
> > > ---Marc
> > >
> > GRRRRRRRRRRRR......	I dont have to pay and I rather found it useful.
> >
> > loki
>
> Then maybe a list for warez topics should be formed.  I find alot
> of things on the cypherpunks list that is off-topic to be interesting.
> The list is however for the discussion of cryptography and privacy.
> The only thing that all people on this list have in common is their
> interest in crypto and privacy, and the list should stick to those
> points.  Other topics that are interesting should be taken to
> private email or put on the appropriate lists (barring of course
> the occasional slip or wandering of the topic).

Shit, Well I'm interested in the list and I missed it as it went by so
will whoever posted it PLEASE send me a copy?

			geoffw@nexsys.net

			Thanks and keep up the good work.

	I personally think people should use their DISCRETION when
	posting, not hard and fast rules. If I wanted hard and fast
	rules I'd sign up for Prodigy. An occasional post related to
	the subject that is obviously of interest to a large sub-
	population of cypherpunks is appropriate, perhapse in the future
	put a warning in the subject line so the whinners can hit the
	"d" key in advance and save that .25 cents or whatever it cost them.

	And for the person who complained about bandwidth, how do you feel
	about the fact that we now have to waste more flaming about wasting
	bandwidth. (Please don't reply to the list, reply to me if you must)

Thread