1993-09-27 - Re: Wiretap Article (2 of 2)

Header Data

From: stig@netcom.com (Stig)
To: stig@netcom.com (Stig)
Message Hash: f786ca0c3cbab60f9e010924fd58dea17d5b9fbcb4de4c6e44f1c67515ef0ef0
Message ID: <9309271904.AA21497@netcom4.netcom.com>
Reply To: <pmetzger@lehman.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-09-27 19:06:14 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 27 Sep 93 12:06:14 PDT

Raw message

From: stig@netcom.com (Stig)
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 93 12:06:14 PDT
To: stig@netcom.com (Stig)
Subject: Re: Wiretap Article (2 of 2)

In <9309271841.AA08215@snark.lehman.com>, "Perry E. Metzger" wrote...

> Stig says:
> >

> > THIS IS THE SORT OF NOISE THAT'S BETTER KEPT OFF THE LIST.  Private messages
> > should be sent via private email.
> >
> >         stig
>
> What? This is the fist bit of substantive stuff on a list filled with
> noise for months. What do you think the list is for? To provide a
> place for conspiracy theorists to jerk each other off?
>
> Ms. Steele, it was perfectly appropriate. This is exactly the sort of
> thing the list is for.
>
> Perry

Ms. Steele's forwarding of the Denning article was entirely appropriate.

Two people publicly asking Ms. Steele to forward it when email would have
sufficed was noise.

I replied to Paul, not Shari, so I figured that a careful reader would be able
to properly disambiguate my pronouns....  Oh well.

        Stig

;; Stig@netcom.com                            netcom.com:/pub/stig/00-PGP-KEY
;; It's hard to be cutting-edge at your own pace...   32 DF B9 19 AE 28 D1 7A
;; Bullet-proof code cannot stand up to teflon bugs.  A3 9D 0B 1A 33 13 4D 7F

Thread