1993-10-04 - Re: BBS seizures

Header Data

From: greg@ideath.goldenbear.com (Greg Broiles)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0104ffeaddc7568f016f9a1ce8e58fa5adb4c4a39f4abf39c2100c636dbffd67
Message ID: <DL2Vac1w164w@ideath.goldenbear.com>
Reply To: <9310040243.AA28056@longs.lance.colostate.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1993-10-04 11:24:39 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 4 Oct 93 04:24:39 PDT

Raw message

From: greg@ideath.goldenbear.com (Greg Broiles)
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 93 04:24:39 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: BBS seizures

"L. Detweiler" <uunet!longs.lance.colostate.edu!ld231782> writes:

> We've got to track down these supposed cases where boards were seized
> for content. I consider them minor *anomalies*, and I think a rational

I think a man named Tom Tcimpidis was busted in the L.A. area in the early
eighties because of content; if I remember the facts correctly, codes
were posted to his board without his knowledge, and he was convicted for
illegal possession of long distance access codes. I grepped through early
copies of Phrack and poked around on the EFF archive, but can't find
anything relevant; does anyone else remember this? Anyone have access to
LEXIS/Westlaw?

--
Greg Broiles
greg@goldenbear.com                     Baked, not fried.