1993-10-30 - Re: ON THE ROAD TO NOSINESS…

Header Data

From: Brad Huntting <huntting@glarp.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 20a91e5299a79c7073e9bf28d351981b9c385873eb4e069fe8c286b34cd33ef9
Message ID: <199310301517.AA03406@misc.glarp.com>
Reply To: <9310300019.AA04372@anon.penet.fi>
UTC Datetime: 1993-10-30 15:19:14 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 30 Oct 93 08:19:14 PDT

Raw message

From: Brad Huntting <huntting@glarp.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 93 08:19:14 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: ON THE ROAD TO NOSINESS...

>>In Europe, I believe that there are highways
>>that you can speed on, and then receive a ticket in the mail
>>when the camera photographs your plate.

> This happens here in the United States.  In Campbell, California
> the police have a small van which they set up on major streets.
> If the radar thinks you're speeding, it photographs you and mails
> you a ticket.

Apparently this caused a bit of embarrassment for some English
philanderer a while back.  When the ticket came in the mail complete
with a photo of the license plate and occupants, his wife wanted
on knowing who the woman in the passenger seat was.

Then again, this could be urban legend.

brad

Thread