1993-10-27 - blacknet international offers DOSSIERS for SALE

Header Data

From: gtoal@an-teallach.com (Graham Toal)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3753821e74c8179e78524170f5d23909e1bc2642751447a706889edabd7f2ae3
Message ID: <3776@an-teallach.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 27 Oct 93 10:02:41 PDT

Raw message

From: gtoal@an-teallach.com (Graham Toal)
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 93 10:02:41 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: blacknet international offers DOSSIERS for SALE

In article <9310270231.AA02958@tamsun.tamu.edu> remail@tamsun.tamu.edu writes:
 > blacknet international is pleased to offer the following materials for sale:
 >
 > DOSSIERS: on the current participants in the Cypherpunks Mailing List Flame war
 >
 > PRICES: Prices and delivery terms upon request via encrypted anonymous return
 > address.
 >
 > SUBJECTS:
 > Perry Metzger <pmetzger@lehman.com>
 > Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
 > S. Boxx <an12070@anon.penet.fi>
 > L. Detweiler<ld231782@longs.lance.colostate.edu>
 > Timothy C. May <tcmay@netcom.com>
 > Ray Cromwell  <rjc@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
 > David Sternlight        <strnlght@netcom.com>
 >
 > These are available now via PGP encrypted return anonymous mail.

Yes yes, very droll.  What's not so funny is that the moderator
of comp.dcom.telecom appears to have taken the BlackNet joke idea
for his very own, and *is* selling dossiers on people for the purposes
of doing nasty things to them (as he says himself in a footnote some
way down this post)

Of course, I'd like to discuss this in comp.dcom.telecom, but I'm
persona non grata there nowadays...

Thread