1993-10-23 - Re: Subliminal Channels

Header Data

From: Eli Brandt <ebrandt@jarthur.Claremont.EDU>
To: cypherpunks list <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: 3e51db51d1178b08ce966c3bcd2c4f3a1e48b14df64097d9694de0f4e3eb46c8
Message ID: <9310232117.AA26214@toad.com>
Reply To: <Pine.3.05.9310231521.A9649-b100000@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1993-10-23 21:18:27 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 23 Oct 93 14:18:27 PDT

Raw message

From: Eli Brandt <ebrandt@jarthur.Claremont.EDU>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 93 14:18:27 PDT
To: cypherpunks list <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: Re: Subliminal Channels

This is hardly germane to the list, but...

> Its been done for almost 50 years now, and started with the
>tachistoscope used in movie theatres to get people to consume popcorn
> and Coca-Cola(tm) in great quantities.  Sales went up by 60%.

Repeat this on alt.folklore.urban and watch the fun.  I believe this
particular legend was promulgated by a guy who was selling
tachistoscope equipment.  Gotta watch those Small Businessmen.  His
results were not replicable, and his company folded.

> Alex Reynolds

   Eli   ebrandt@jarthur.claremont.edu

Thread