1993-10-27 - Re: a desperate plea

Header Data

From: rjc@gnu.ai.mit.edu
To: mdiehl@triton.unm.edu (J. Michael Diehl)
Message Hash: 3e63b415af9adc3b94bf1951356298fdcb199b42f82b30b5386ff24e89295e9b
Message ID: <9310270614.AA08644@kropotkin.gnu.ai.mit.edu>
Reply To: <9310270558.AA16570@triton.unm.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1993-10-27 06:17:49 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 26 Oct 93 23:17:49 PDT

Raw message

From: rjc@gnu.ai.mit.edu
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 93 23:17:49 PDT
To: mdiehl@triton.unm.edu (J. Michael Diehl)
Subject: Re: a desperate plea

J. Michael Diehl writes:
> Final score: 7 out of the 11 sentences in this post were personal attacks.
> This means that 63.6% everything you had to say wrt the orignal post was the
> same kind of personal attacks you were complaining about..

  No, I wasn't complaining about his personal attacks per se but his long term
behavior on this list and Extropians which is mainly "hit-and-run"
attack posts about once a month which usually generate massive flame wars.
(the last of which ended up with Tim May leaving the extropians list)

  Perhaps you don't like me, but I can atleast lay claim to have participated
in non-flamefest threads and contributed help and software when I was asked.
Many people have simply sent me private e-mail politely requesting that I stop
the Detweiler flame. All Lefty's message did was add fuel to the fire and
was just as unproductive as my original joke-threat against Lance. I
would like to end this thread and get back to rationally discussing
pseudonyms, but its not going to happen if I keep getting messages like
yours in my mailbox.

-- Ray Cromwell        |    Engineering is the implementation of science;    --
-- rjc@gnu.ai.mit.edu  |       politics is the implementation of faith.      --

Thread