1993-10-08 - Re: that internet security scanner

Header Data

From: khijol!erc (Ed Carp)
To: mech@eff.org (Stanton McCandlish)
Message Hash: 44b4bd2a94cd1f0d94bece8c1c1a7731ee6cab2e474201b5513b5579cbecc756
Message ID: <m0olL1n-00021GC@khijol>
Reply To: <199310081328.AA29733@eff.org>
UTC Datetime: 1993-10-08 17:09:23 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 8 Oct 93 10:09:23 PDT

Raw message

From: khijol!erc (Ed Carp)
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 93 10:09:23 PDT
To: mech@eff.org (Stanton McCandlish)
Subject: Re: that internet security scanner

> Well, seems some folks took exception to my remarks about the CERT post.
> I was simply kidding, and have no problem with CERT warning SysAdmins
> about possible hazards.  I  thought it might be humourous to sound
> mock-alarmist, in response to some shouting and nay-saying over EFF warning
> SysOps about possible hazards.

Well, it's certainly generated *me* enough email, asking for ISS! :)  Hehehe...
--
Ed Carp, N7EKG			erc@apple.com			510/659-9560
                            an38299@anon.penet.fi

Thread