1993-10-20 - Re: why anon bank acct?

Header Data

From: rjc@gnu.ai.mit.edu (Ray)
To: trebor@foretune.co.jp (Robert J. Woodhead)
Message Hash: 66726e88c372ad0a8d23c7dd04c920bfdf5e3b3515a36240ccc149644a251e08
Message ID: <9310200256.AA06017@geech.gnu.ai.mit.edu>
Reply To: <9310200241.AA01659@dink.foretune.co.jp>
UTC Datetime: 1993-10-20 02:57:38 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 19 Oct 93 19:57:38 PDT

Raw message

From: rjc@gnu.ai.mit.edu (Ray)
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 93 19:57:38 PDT
To: trebor@foretune.co.jp (Robert J. Woodhead)
Subject: Re: why anon bank acct?

Robert J. Woodhead () writes:
> >Need?  Need to keep from being arrested or fined, yeah I can see that.
>
> Not at all.  I recognise that, however inefficient, taxes pay to maintain
> the legal and physical environment that makes my life more comfortable.
[...]
> ways to avoid a few bucks in taxes.  Rather than aspire to join the
> alleged clique of rich and powerful tax evaders, might it not be better
> to aspire to develop techniques that both maintain privacy but guaran-
> tee that they have to pay their share of the load.  Hint: develop
> something that makes it worth their while.

   Simple. Privatize those parts of government so they can chose
the services they want to buy. Rather than confiscate their money
for whatever subjective "share" is in vogue. (I've never seen this
share defined objectively. Just rants "they must pay more!!!  wah!!" Even in
other countries with much higher rates than our 36%, people are still demanding
more. )

-- Ray Cromwell        |    Engineering is the implementation of science;    --
-- EE/Math Student     |       politics is the implementation of faith.      --
-- rjc@gnu.ai.mit.edu  |                         - Zetetic Commentaries      --

Thread