1993-10-29 - pgp request?

Header Data

From: J. Michael Diehl <mdiehl@triton.unm.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 694ca2bfc71bd499fe0c9aa5d7b92d7996d9ff9ffa8be32619dcd464b0bd71f4
Message ID: <9310290300.AA27325@triton.unm.edu>
Raw Date: Thu, 28 Oct 93 20:02:43 PDT

Raw message

From: J. Michael Diehl <mdiehl@triton.unm.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 93 20:02:43 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: pgp request?

Hi all.

I'm playing with procmail and trying to get it to automate many of the pgp-
related email operations.  I have it set up now, so that it validates all pgp-
signed email that I receive.  It will also automatically add any pgp keys which
are in an incoming message.  My problem, though, seems to that of philosophy.

I also have the capability to check each message to see if pgp was used at all.
If it was not, I could send the sender a one-time-only "advertisement" for pgp.

Also, I could send a one-time-only "thank you" to people who send me email that
is signed/encrypted.

I'm really having difficulty deciding if this is something I want to do.  Please
send me your comments.  Thanx in advance.

J. Michael Diehl   ;^)  |*The 2nd Amendment is there in case the
mdiehl@triton.unm.edu   | Government forgets about the 1st!  <RL>
Mike.Diehl@f29.n301.z1  |*God is a good Physicist, and an even
    .fidonet.org        | better Mathematician.  <Me>
al945@cwns9.ins.cwru.edu|*I'm just looking for the opportunity to
 (505) 299-2282 (voice) | be Politically Incorrect! <Me>
Can we impeach him yet? |*Protected by 18 USC 2511 and 18 USC 2703.

Thread