1993-10-23 - Paper Shredders

Header Data

From: Panzer Boy <panzer@drown.slip.andrew.cmu.edu>
Message Hash: 6cc549e883408169404c8b1ac5ae1d4cd06f216fdee5ecc6e2f86b2c0846a592
Message ID: <Pine.3.05.1.9310231619.D20719-a100000@drown.slip.andrew.cmu.edu>
Raw Date: Sat, 23 Oct 93 14:23:06 PDT

Raw message

From: Panzer Boy <panzer@drown.slip.andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 93 14:23:06 PDT
Subject: Paper Shredders

Awhile back someone asked about the cost of shredders.  Since I do some
work for a company that sells Mita copiers/fax/shredders, I talk to the
sales people and asked.

They sell a shredder that takes up to 5 sheets a paper at a time and turns
it into 1/8" x 7/8" particles.  This is considered low volume, and will
run you around $800.00 USD.  This is not suggested price, this is the
standard "good" discount that the sales people can give.  I wasn't able to
find out the price of the next step up.  But the sales brochure says that
NSA and DOD standard is 1/32" x 7/16" particles.  Standards for what
classification of paper, I don't know.

-Matt
(panzer@drown.slip.andrew.cmu.edu)

"That which can never be enforced should not be prohibited."

Thread