1993-10-24 - the principle of least astonishment

Header Data

From: bill@twwells.com (T. William Wells)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 6d0b636e7faeb301146a5d22dad8152033be48080f3cc4c4adc7a8eebb2b9d89
Message ID: <CFEx7J.AxE@twwells.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 24 Oct 93 11:58:42 PDT

Raw message

From: bill@twwells.com (T. William Wells)
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 93 11:58:42 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: the principle of least astonishment

For my service, given what it is for, the presumption should be
anonymity. For the personals groups, perhaps the presumption
should be the other way around. There is, almost certainly, no
one right answer.

Those who attempt to support their arguments by reference to
"least astonishment" are doing nothing more than attempting to
pretend that their subjective judgements are universal and
unarguable.

Either the perpetrators are so intellectually lacking that they
do not see what they are doing or they are so intellectually
dishonest that they do. In either case, I am utterly disgusted.

Thread