1993-10-27 - Re: blacknet international offers DOSSIERS for SALE

Header Data

From: Lazlo Nibble <lazlo@triton.unm.edu>
To: gtoal@an-teallach.com
Message Hash: 72fa5ebd1464fa7dd84b974d91284cd0683de012fa0ccec36204eceea319d6ee
Message ID: <9310271854.AA27425@triton.unm.edu>
Reply To: <3776@an-teallach.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-10-27 18:59:22 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 27 Oct 93 11:59:22 PDT

Raw message

From: Lazlo Nibble <lazlo@triton.unm.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 93 11:59:22 PDT
To: gtoal@an-teallach.com
Subject: Re: blacknet international offers DOSSIERS for SALE

> What's not so funny is that the moderator of comp.dcom.telecom appears to
> have taken the BlackNet joke idea for his very own, and *is* selling
> dossiers on people for the purposes of doing nasty things to them...

While I'm sure he enjoys the extra income, Townson's made it clear that a
large part of his motivation in setting up the Digital Detective thing is
to shove it in peoples' faces just how easy it is to get that kind of
information.

Surely this old news.

--
Lazlo (lazlo@unm.edu)