1993-10-21 - Re: politics

Header Data

From: “Robert J. Woodhead” <trebor@foretune.co.jp>
To: trebor@foretune.co.jp
Message Hash: 86efcafdfc33c122bc3693ebe053d6c68199d82919c9b3b351d5064b592f27ca
Message ID: <9310211226.AA20850@dink.foretune.co.jp>
Reply To: <9310210722.AA20629@necs.vuse>
UTC Datetime: 1993-10-21 12:27:56 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 21 Oct 93 05:27:56 PDT

Raw message

From: "Robert J. Woodhead" <trebor@foretune.co.jp>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 93 05:27:56 PDT
To: trebor@foretune.co.jp
Subject: Re: politics

Joseph Moorman writes:

>Maybe it's your primary goal; it's certainly the goal of every Marxist/
>Communist/Fascist regime that has every existed.

>I contend that one's self-interest should be one's primary goal (it is
>that one's choice however).

I agree.  I am motivated by self-interest.  My self-interest, however,
is not just providing for myself now, but also improving my environment
for the future.  You will note that I didn't say "people should be
forced to do things my way."  I said "I think this is a worthwhile
goal for people."  THere is a big difference.

Thread