1993-10-26 - Re: help/subscribe

Header Data

From: peb@PROCASE.COM (Paul Baclace)
To: unicorn@access.digex.net
Message Hash: 9467aded6aa7a9df4e054f4eb7f4e39ff75229335ccd190b5b0e7ccc5ee60c9b
Message ID: <9310262207.AA05658@banff.procase.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 26 Oct 93 15:12:38 PDT

Raw message

From: peb@PROCASE.COM (Paul Baclace)
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 93 15:12:38 PDT
To: unicorn@access.digex.net
Subject: Re: help/subscribe

>It seems I perpetrated a vile and offensive error in sending a subscribe
>request directly to the list.

I don't get offended, I just save the subscribe/unsubscribe message
in a special folder that I will use to train a learning algorithm
to recognize these kinds of requests.  Then, I will create a program
that detects these so that mailing lists everywhere can automatically
bounce messages back to the sender with specific message like "please
send un/subscribe messages to fubar-request@node.com".

In other words, thanks for your example.

Anyone who sends me examples will benefit this project.  (But don't send
examples from cypherpunks--I already get them.)

If anyone has suggestions for implementation that maximizes applicability
(e.g., I could write a C program that reads stdin or a named file and
returns a status code), please let me know.

Paul E. Baclace
peb@procase.com

Thread