1993-10-27 - Detweiler and his digital signature

Header Data

From: Sameer <sameer@uclink.berkeley.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 9777574cd0d7f7e58b70a4d278e7a4417f3029b641d8c1915001f114f03f63b3
Message ID: <m0osKcF-000J4wC@infinity.hip.berkeley.edu>
Raw Date: Wed, 27 Oct 93 16:58:03 PDT

Raw message

From: Sameer <sameer@uclink.berkeley.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 93 16:58:03 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Detweiler and his digital signature

	Has anyone seen L. Detweiler post a *SIGNED* message, using a
*TRUSTED* public key, on this psuedospoofing matter?

	While I don't know L. Detweiler, I feel that there's reason to
believe that L. Detweiler might be undergoing an attack of a
spoofer/account-breakin who wants to discredit him.

	I can't see how someone who wrote an anonymity/privacy FAQ (I
haven't read that FAQ, so I can't say whether its a *good* FAQ or not)
could turn so irrational and paranoid. It's possible, but until it's
proven to me, with a trusted key, that *L. Detweiler* has been saying
these things, I'm going to assume that he hasn't, and ignore further
posts by an unsigned L. Detweiler.

Thread