1993-10-31 - NSA Security

Header Data

From: a2@ah.com (Arthur Abraham)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 9de5375c7685cc2f8014b257cddacd92ccb5ada62ffec8806dcae1f6f2beccdd
Message ID: <9310312317.AA00275@ah.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 31 Oct 93 15:23:44 PST

Raw message

From: a2@ah.com (Arthur Abraham)
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 93 15:23:44 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: NSA Security

Seymour M. Hersh, writing in the November 1, 1993 _New Yorker_, comments:

"...current and former high-ranking officials with access to intelligence,
whose information has been extremely reliable in the past, specifically
told me that the National Security Agency, which is responsible for
electronic intelligence, had produced no significant high-level intercepts
from Iraq in years.  American intellignece experts have concluded that
the Reagan Adminstration's policy of providing satellite and communications
intelligence to Iraq in the mid-nineteen-eighties had an unwelcome side
effect: the Iraqi intelligence service learned how to hide its important
communications from the N.S.A.'s many sensors."

I am posting this to help provide an insight into some of NSA's motivations.

If you think this is disinformation, consider the motives for creating it --
the insights are similar.

-a2

Thread