1993-10-23 - Re: ADMIN: proposed new policy on the mailing list

Header Data

From: Eli Brandt <ebrandt@jarthur.Claremont.EDU>
To: cypherpunks list <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: a1c2a636f5b05a02ff3e0e72c7bcfead04f14bfd0265a8749ae1b48d847234c6
Message ID: <9310232101.AA26050@toad.com>
Reply To: <9310231738.AA02831@ah.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-10-23 21:03:06 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 23 Oct 93 14:03:06 PDT

Raw message

From: Eli Brandt <ebrandt@jarthur.Claremont.EDU>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 93 14:03:06 PDT
To: cypherpunks list <cypherpunks@toad.com>

>    Digitally sign your articles or their transmission will be delayed.

Under such a policy, I would be strongly tempted to move my PGP use
to jarthur (a public Unix box) rather than write software to snarf
text across a serial line, encrypt it, and spit it back.  As I'm
loath to give up my secret key in this way, I guess I'd just take the
delay.

While an incentive plan is a nice idea, I think most people on the
list would like to sign their messages.  Those who are prevented
from doing so are probably not going to be pushed the other way
by a delay of a few hours.

   Eli   ebrandt@jarthur.claremont.edu

Thread