1993-10-21 - Metaverse info (was: Introducing digital cash in a MOO)

Header Data

From: plaz@netcom.com (Geoff Dale)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ac06a6f659e3b260415e805358003cef269f1249e806cd8eded194ddcde41c02
Message ID: <9310212212.AA00583@netcom.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 21 Oct 93 15:12:52 PDT

Raw message

From: plaz@netcom.com (Geoff Dale)
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 93 15:12:52 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Metaverse info (was: Introducing digital cash in a MOO)

>can you send me info on how to gain access to metaverse?

I've had a couple of requests to this effect. I originally tried to keep it
off the list, but have decided that by sending business thier way I was
actually contributing to one of the few digital cash startups in existance.
Illuminatus wizards feel free to correct any mistakes.

you can access the metaverse via:

'telnet metaverse.io.com 7777'

That is domain name: metaverse.io.com port: 7777.

To login, type as instructed:

'connect guest'

At this point you can browse around with one of the pre-made characters.

To get your own character, you'll have to sign up for an account @io.com.
You can do this by:

'telnet io.com'

...and following instructions. Have a credit card ready. The base fees are
$10/month for telnet access only. Other structures are available.

Once you have an account, send mail to mentor@io.com from your io.com
account with character name and password.

You can find me in the 'verse as PlasticBeethoven. I am currently setting
up a branch office of the Extropians Institute (Freegate Virtual Branch).
Feel free to drop by and offer encouragement/suggestions/criticisms. ('go
to ExI' will get you there.)

   Forward, upward, outward, onward, and every which way but loose!
Geoff Dale    -- insert standard disclaimers here --    plaz@netcom.com
               "We are the shock troops of reality."
                - Voice of the Friends (Wild Palms)

Thread