1993-10-24 - Re: Subliminal Channels

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <pmetzger@lehman.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ac1e98c155f15841ddf33fbd37a8e8cdad93ca12b992d3400d7c6f000b06ee87
Message ID: <9310240513.AA03867@snark.lehman.com>
Reply To: <Pine.3.05.9310232200.A4496-c100000@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1993-10-24 05:18:31 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 23 Oct 93 22:18:31 PDT

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <pmetzger@lehman.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 93 22:18:31 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Subliminal Channels

Alexander Reynolds says:
> >   Balderdash. Key is just another Freudian conspiracy theorist. I found som
> > of the descriptions in his book laughable to absurd. His theories don't
> > pan out if you talk to anyone in the advertising business.
>
> And exactly why should they be honest?  It doesn't profit to be honest.

Yup. All those tens of thousands of people (including unpaid summer
interns) working in the Ad business have all been sworn to
secrecy. Yeah, thats the ticket. And none of them ever talked, because
ad people are like the mafia, and will kill each other for talking,
which is why all those ad men end up floating in the East River all
the time. Yeah, thats the ticket.

By the way, I've got some swampland in Florida to sell you. Along with
some subscriptions to some Lyndon Larouche publications that will give
you incontravertable proof that the Queen of England is the worlds
biggest drug trafficer.

Perry

Thread