1993-10-14 - Re: Glitches in PGP Messages

Header Data

From: Matthew J Ghio <mg5n+@andrew.cmu.edu>
To: VACCINIA@UNCVX1.OIT.UNC.EDU
Message Hash: dd9d0a2c703750a8b177e3f1304784383e9dfa04f776710bc62e865714a26e32
Message ID: <AgjS9TS00awVAXWVIJ@andrew.cmu.edu>
Reply To: <01H43KOVVS5U000TY4@UNCVX1.OIT.UNC.EDU>
UTC Datetime: 1993-10-14 23:40:00 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 14 Oct 93 16:40:00 PDT

Raw message

From: Matthew J Ghio <mg5n+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 93 16:40:00 PDT
To: VACCINIA@UNCVX1.OIT.UNC.EDU
Subject: Re: Glitches in PGP Messages

> PGP gives me an error message if I try to decrypt this ciphertext.
However, if
> I edit the ciphertext beforehand (connecting the two truncated lines) , the
> ciphertext can be decrypted. Is this just a glitch in the transmission? What
> would cause a text line to be disrupted onto two lines? I suppose it could
> occur during downloading or when it is sent thru the NET. My friend
uses MacPGP
> 2.3. This has happened the last two times I have gotten my buddies messages.
> Any ideas as to what the possible causes of this simple glitch could
be? Thanks.

It's probably an incompatible CR/LF setting.  Try asking your friend to
set up his software to add line feeds to carriage returns.

Thread