1993-10-14 - SADF

Header Data

From: Matthew J Miszewski <MJMISKI@macc.wisc.edu>
To: CYPHERPUNKS@toad.com
Message Hash: eaa3f0ccf996b6ecc3709084e77405125957cb30e21589cc654375074f7e98c7
Message ID: <23101413042150@vms2.macc.wisc.edu>
Raw Date: Thu, 14 Oct 93 11:06:58 PDT

Raw message

From: Matthew J Miszewski <MJMISKI@macc.wisc.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 93 11:06:58 PDT
To: CYPHERPUNKS@toad.com
Subject: SADF

Scott,

  While the timing of the -kg keystrokes is 'more' pseudo-random (heh.) than
is the obviously repititive nature of your first post you do bring up a valid
concern that Im sure someone of the many PRNG people on the list can, and will
answer.

  This particularly ties in with the thread coming in from the previous
poster whom refered to the new pgp23a process of -kg.  I would think that
my typing while entering my pass phrase is *definitely* less random than
when I am consciously aware that I am generating a key.  (This very
awareness of course makes the randomness less random, ugh! where is
chaos when you need/want it?)

--Matt
"This new technology (the printing press) threatened the Crown, which shuddered
at the thought of widespread dissemination of works advocating religious heresy
and political upheaval.  The Crown's solution to the problem was a system of
regulation designed to control this "dangerous" art."
         -From my Copyright Law Text (refrencing the Statute of Anne -
                                           the first Copyright Statute)
(c)1993

Thread