1993-10-27 - Re: Help writing code

Header Data

From: “Pat Farrell” <pfarrell@netcom.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f78b2d63000c80ba6847c20345fb69064b07d5f96d37fc2aed287811e6722c05
Message ID: <43914.pfarrell@netcom.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 27 Oct 93 09:12:41 PDT

Raw message

From: "Pat Farrell" <pfarrell@netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 93 09:12:41 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Help writing code

Let me quickly try to clear up some confusion. I've gotten several replies
(real quick response) that are answering a different question.

I'm not trying to reimplement TCP/IP. I'm trying to provide a Windows
version of NUpop, which is a DOS program that works fine over a
simple serial line. Most folks automatically associate SMTP/POP with
TCP/IP, but there is no connection. Admittedly they work better with
a robust, end to end protocol. But I've been using NUpop for a year
over a non-TCP/IP line. I get hundreds of messages a day. It works.
But there are no sources available to NUpop, it is a DOS program,
and it doesn't support piping messages thru PGP/RIPEM/...

I have lots of DOS libraries that do exactly the simple things I need. I
don't want to use DOS, I want native Windows code.

Pat

Pat Farrell      Grad Student                 pfarrell@netcom.com
Department of Computer Science    George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
Public key availble via finger          #include <standard.disclaimer>

Thread