1993-11-11 - Newsgroups, Sternlight-bashing and screaming children

Header Data

From: Bill Stewart <stewab@us0750tb.oakland.NCR.COM>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0e60873d7650eebd6d051f3eed29e308d3dd699e0f37454474ee0eec20b6a4bf
Message ID: <9311102212.ah09356@ncrhub1.NCR.COM>
Raw Date: Wed, 10 Nov 93 19:14:03 PST

Raw message

From: Bill Stewart <stewab@us0750tb.oakland.NCR.COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 93 19:14:03 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Newsgroups, Sternlight-bashing and screaming children

           NCR - An AT&T Company
           ____________________________________INTRA CORPORATION

    From:  Bill Stewart <bill.stewart@pleasantonca.ncr.com>
Location:  Pleasanton District

      To:  cypherpunks@toad.com
Location:  cyberspace

I consider the Sternlight-bashing suggestions to be unreasonable;
Sternlight may rave from a warped, pro-government viewpoint,
but he is capable of carrying on civilized conversations, even when
he's (continually) grinding the same axe.  The coffee-house analogy
is a very good one, and there *is* occasionally a screaming-children
problem on usenet; I assumed the original poster was referring more to
the perpetual-newbie types rather than to the newly arrived,
quiet, productive, or both (though a college student and the author
apparently felt otherwise :-)

I still prefer having this as a mailing
list, in spite of the volume; I can read sci.crypt when I want to,
though I'll probably have to get a netcom account rather than
keep telnetting into my old system now that I've moved.

	Thanks;  Bill

Thread