1993-11-08 - Re: Private and Public

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <pmetzger@lehman.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 11603dfbc6918b85bb3490943263ef814029ea795e281a336e0563f75055c3e5
Message ID: <9311082039.AA10125@snark.lehman.com>
Reply To: <Pine.3.87.9311081157.A17620-0100000@crl.crl.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-11-08 20:43:03 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 8 Nov 93 12:43:03 PST

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <pmetzger@lehman.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 93 12:43:03 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Private and Public

Arthur Chandler says:
>      Hmmm... my post may well ignite some flames; but I can't go along with
> the notion that this list is for purely tech discussion.

I'm sorry that "you can't go along" with that, but I'm afraid that you
don't have much choice: it isn't your list. Many of us have gotten
burned out from a number of very long arguments on this list, and
politics was not part of the charter to begin with. If you insist on
discussing it, might I suggest that there are many places where the
discussion would be appropriate, like talk.politics.crypto,
alt.privacy, talk.politics.misc, or many other places?

.pm

Thread