1993-11-04 - Jim McBride

Header Data

From: Anonymous <nowhere@bsu-cs.bsu.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 156b1b465985a0866f1474d1d400467d6dd6b0e75eacabd8d4997de7d8a26dc5
Message ID: <9311041958.AA25172@bsu-cs.bsu.edu>
Raw Date: Thu, 4 Nov 93 11:57:38 PST

Raw message

From: Anonymous <nowhere@bsu-cs.bsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 93 11:57:38 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Jim McBride

Got this in the mail today:

-- cut --

Date:     Wed, 03 Nov 1993 22:11:07
From: jim_mcbr@netmail.com
Subject: Auto Reply
To: <me>

Thank you for your mail to Jim McBride at JS McBride & Company. Due to the
volume of mail be handled by this account, this is an automatic reply.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!!

1. JS McBride is NOT collecting demographic information on email addresses.
   Due to the controversy surrounding this practice, we have discarded
   the product demographics we collected. We are however still collecting
   email addresses and user names.

2. The information collected (name and email address) will be offered in
   a printed white pages directory and in a white pages server on the net.

3. You DO NOT need to ask to have your name removed. BEFORE your name is
   used in the directory, you will receive mail asking for your permission.
   If you reply to the inquiry, your information will be used. If you do
   not reply, your name will NOT be used.

4. Comments regarding the white pages should be sent to Tom Manning at
   JS McBride & Company. <tmanning@netmail.com>

5. Mail to Jim McBride should be sent to <jimm@netmail.com>

6. Information regarding the purchase of the white pages directory should
   be sent to <listinfo@netmail.com> or telephone us at 415-949-4295

   Thank you for your time,
   Jim McBride

--
David Sward     sward+@cmu.edu     Finger or email for PGP public key 3D567F
Encryption is an envelope for your email; read alt.security.pgp for details.

Thread