1993-11-17 - Re: Key Servers

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <pmetzger@lehman.com>
To: Derek Atkins <warlord@mit.edu>
Message Hash: 3fe06aa51501605a507bb09db7dc24839c0a4c6d1f3f2db4dad262bdc019c34e
Message ID: <9311171551.AA22926@snark.lehman.com>
Reply To: <9311170639.AA02048@toxicwaste.media.mit.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1993-11-17 15:54:23 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 17 Nov 93 07:54:23 PST

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <pmetzger@lehman.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 93 07:54:23 PST
To: Derek Atkins <warlord@mit.edu>
Subject: Re: Key Servers

Derek Atkins says:

> > Seems to me, MR EICHIN, that many people might be FLABBERGASTED to find
> > out that people are using PGP key servers for PSEUDOSPOOFING.
>
> No, it seems that only *you* are flabbergasted.  As has been stated
[...]

Please do not answer Mr. Detweiler. There is very little to be gained
in trying to explain things to a paranoid psychotic. Mr. Detweiler
needs sympathy and psychiatric treatment, not information on how key
servers work. It is both useless and cruel to answer his rants --
useless because he cannot understand reason because of his mental
problems, and cruel because this only enhances his paranoid delusion
that there is a global conspiracy in progress to attack and destroy
him.

The best and most rational way to cope with him is not to interact
with him.

Perry

Thread