1993-11-09 - ADMIN: Are we gatewayed to Usenet?

Header Data

From: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 45b6da281b88671625e690f339f268e4b2ef8467eb78aff46148c87770dec9bd
Message ID: <9311092143.AA11837@ah.com>
Reply To: <199311092038.MAA06532@mail.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-11-09 21:48:40 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 9 Nov 93 13:48:40 PST

Raw message

From: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 93 13:48:40 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: ADMIN: Are we gatewayed to Usenet?

Gateways to local usenet groups are fairly common for the list.  CMU
is behind one, and there are several others.  The most frequent reason
given is that it is easier to read a large list with news software
rather than mail software.  (I am just passing this own; don't quibble
with me over it.)

What I find most interesting is that I cannot identify where netcom is
getting their feed from.  None of the netcom addresses on the
distribution list appear to be gateway addresses, nor have I heard
from any netcom administrator about making such a gateway.

There are 34 netcom accounts on the list.  Perhaps if enough of you
asked where this distribution came from the answer would appear.

Eric

Thread