1993-11-18 - Re: The Republic of Desire (anonymous organizations)

Header Data

From: allan@elvis.tamu.edu (Allan Bailey)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 591353df26083a435dba5f33c00028141d822ed2d398734def80d1cdf89f5285
Message ID: <9311181923.AA16943@elvis.tamu.edu>
Reply To: <9311181902.AA06579@media.mit.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1993-11-18 19:24:33 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 18 Nov 93 11:24:33 PST

Raw message

From: allan@elvis.tamu.edu (Allan Bailey)
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 93 11:24:33 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: The Republic of Desire (anonymous organizations)

>Sorry, I was a little unclear.  When I worried about someone in a cell being
>compromised, I assumed that through social engineering (like throwing in
>jail, serving with subpoenas, seizing property, etc.) someone had pressured
>or tricked this person into revealing hir secret keys.
>
>If you know you're being pressured and can use a backup
>works-but-I'm-in-trouble key, that's a partial solution.

AAAHHH!!!!  EXCELENT IDEA!!!

  Think about it.  It's a beautiful extension to PGP, the "I'm-being-coerced"
password.  Seems to work, but deletes everything irreparably(sp?).

  I don't think the PGP coders will put something like this in,
but the people in my RoD-cell will definately have it as soon as
I'm done. =)

--
Allan Bailey, allan@elvis.tamu.edu          | "Freedom is not free."
Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations | allan.bailey@tamu.edu

"Armadillos....those are the meanest suckers you're ever gonna wanna see...
But you gotta kill 'em the first time, otherwise they get this revenge thing
 in their heads and they come lookin' for ya......."
                            -- (i got this from the 'zine Armadillo Culture)

Thread