1993-11-18 - The Republic of Desire (anonymous organizations)

Header Data

From: allan@elvis.tamu.edu (Allan Bailey)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5bc59d046dc8d8e9fbf0beb0939fde8b3dca4ed3d0ef2c35864a5276a7fb7d3e
Message ID: <9311181524.AA15425@elvis.tamu.edu>
Raw Date: Thu, 18 Nov 93 07:26:29 PST

Raw message

From: allan@elvis.tamu.edu (Allan Bailey)
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 93 07:26:29 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: The Republic of Desire (anonymous organizations)

  Let's start a new topic, and mr. deitwieler is not invited.

  Has anyone considered how an organization like The Republic of Desire
from Gibson's _Virtual Light_ novel could be created/formed?

  It seems to me that it would be an excellent example and development motive
for the crypto-anarchy tools: the DC-net protocol, Zero Knowledge Proofs
used for anonymous credentials, reputation-nets/webs-of-trust, etc. etc.

  My only problem with this is knowing how to organize the
"guerilla cell structures" or whatever it was he mentioned.  Anyone have
a ref for something that discusses guerilla cell organizations?

--
Allan Bailey, allan@elvis.tamu.edu          | "Freedom is not free."
Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations | allan.bailey@tamu.edu

"Armadillos....those are the meanest suckers you're ever gonna wanna see...
But you gotta kill 'em the first time, otherwise they get this revenge thing
 in their heads and they come lookin' for ya......."
                            -- (i got this from the 'zine Armadillo Culture)

Thread