1993-11-19 - Re: hohocon

Header Data

From: sommerfeld@orchard.medford.ma.us (Bill Sommerfeld)
To: hfinney@shell.portal.com
Message Hash: 5be8e9d7de0ad9a896dcb59d69a055814df143cfa4bba08e9d1131d14f339251
Message ID: <199311190304.WAA00965@orchard.medford.ma.us>
Reply To: <9311181655.AA08484@jobe.shell.portal.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-11-19 03:21:42 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 18 Nov 93 19:21:42 PST

Raw message

From: sommerfeld@orchard.medford.ma.us (Bill Sommerfeld)
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 93 19:21:42 PST
To: hfinney@shell.portal.com
Subject: Re:  hohocon

   For the hohocon case you could have a calculator programmed with
   some one-way function (DES is available for the HP48); the remote
   system could generate a challenge number and you would use your
   calculator to DES-encrypt it with a fixed secret key, then type the
   result in, and the remote system would check it.

In fact, that's exactly why I wrote it :-) .

Maybe I should go dig up the source to the challenge-response program
I wrote to go along with it..

					- Bill

Thread