1993-11-10 - Re: Usenet: ‘Resistance Is Futile’

Header Data

From: Tony A Rippy <tr2n+@andrew.cmu.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 624b9c1f637b86d4049bb0ed453c2ff52d83821185a2ced554f459ec5f1273a2
Message ID: <Mgs3Wvm00WB2FoqzMY@andrew.cmu.edu>
Reply To: <9311092231.AA21883@toad.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-11-10 00:43:14 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 9 Nov 93 16:43:14 PST

Raw message

From: Tony A Rippy <tr2n+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 93 16:43:14 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Usenet: 'Resistance Is Futile'

Dear All,
    A little quote from Mr. Nave: "Let us hope that our coffee shop is
not overrun by screaming children..."
    Excuse me if I get a tad bit offended by this. I am a computer
science student at Carnegie-Mellon University and I read several
internet b-boards. Most of the time I don't enter in arguments, or
"petty bickering" as it has been called. I just like to read other
people's ideas and see what's going on. I can see you guys getting
frustrated with thousands of repetative messages and postings, but do
you want to sanction of the rest of the world? I always thought (correct
me if I'm wrong) that you guys advocated the open exchange of
information and ideas via computer. Now you guys want to discuss the
advantages of free computer forums while excluding anyone else from your
little discussion? Sounds slightly hypocritical.

                                    A Screaming Child,
                                                Tony Rippy
                                                tr2n+@andrew.cmu.edu

Thread