1993-11-01 - Anonymous vs false IDs

Header Data

From: kovar@NDA.COM (David Kovar)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 780fd07302b2e968aef840dcd1972de1387a325e06b0ff49bc0ed94dbab2334b
Message ID: <9311012037.AA03787@NDA.COM>
Raw Date: Mon, 1 Nov 93 12:39:47 PST

Raw message

From: kovar@NDA.COM (David Kovar)
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 93 12:39:47 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Anonymous vs false IDs

  There is a lot of effort being put into creating tools to mask identities.
I'm curious why people don't go a different route - creating a false
electronic identity? If you have control over your own system, it is easy
enough to create an account. Lacking that, there are a lot of companies
out there offering low cost accounts on Unix systems with full Internet
access. Why not get an account in a different name rather than using
anonymous remailers?

  I can see some reasons for going both routes, I'm just curious as to
other people's reasons.

-David

Thread