1993-11-15 - Re: Against limiting free speech on public networks

Header Data

From: David Kovar <kovar@nda.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7f2dac55f6f6f7558be6687a0fa84da59ea7d20b64c8a69b17ce2fbe27936aea
Message ID: <199311152255.RAA15471@nda.nda.com>
Reply To: <9311151956.AA22553@osc.versant.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-11-15 22:56:11 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 15 Nov 93 14:56:11 PST

Raw message

From: David Kovar <kovar@nda.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 93 14:56:11 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Against limiting free speech on public networks

> If we cannot practice either tolerance or inbox-filtering in our own
> group, we cannot expect the rest of the world to agree with our ideas
> for free speech nets.

  Worse, you can't convince anyone new to the list that you're not
just a group of children with large egos and complex privacy enhancing
toys. I've seen a few well written messages in this group and some
pointers to interesting information, but by far the most volume on
this list, and the xtropians list for that matter, has been petty
bickering. I had higher hopes ....

-David

Thread