1993-11-28 - Re: Software filtering agents

Header Data

From: Jim choate <ravage@wixer.bga.com>
To: greg@ideath.goldenbear.com (Greg Broiles)
Message Hash: 8ab10b9d3d1f963dfd33dce6b7d9ca995d65735aa8423c052dfcb5692d8a1b42
Message ID: <9311281505.AA10130@wixer>
Reply To: <giuPDc1w164w@ideath.goldenbear.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-11-28 15:14:31 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 28 Nov 93 07:14:31 PST

Raw message

From: Jim choate <ravage@wixer.bga.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 93 07:14:31 PST
To: greg@ideath.goldenbear.com (Greg Broiles)
Subject: Re: Software filtering agents

> My knowledge of neural net software is limited to a cartoonish understanding

> of the theory behind them, but as I understand it they might be a useful
> tool for identifying the author of a given text stream. Comments? Anyone on
> the list familiar with neural net implementation, or in need of some sort of

> academic project? :)
>

> --
> Greg Broiles
> greg@goldenbear.com                     Baked, not fried.

Actually there is no need to use neural networks. There is quite a lot of
software running around that does a statistical anaysis of two authors works
and then calculates the similarity.

You should be able to find copies in either linguistic or mathematical
archives.

Thread