1993-11-13 - Re: Fractal cryptography

Header Data

From: “mycal” <mike@NetAcsys.com>
To: pmetzger@lehman.com
Message Hash: 96d34fd285e43ba06786db62e24896fc7ebb9139a09008ffa0dac2dcc83520a8
Message ID: <2ce44fb5.acsys@NetAcsys.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 12 Nov 93 20:19:41 PST

Raw message

From: "mycal" <mike@NetAcsys.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 93 20:19:41 PST
To: pmetzger@lehman.com
Subject: Re: Fractal cryptography

On Fri, 12 Nov 1993 19:31:09 -0500, "Perry E. Metzger" <pmetzger@lehman.com> wrote:

> Amateurs regularly develop systems and claim fantastic things for
> them. They then turn out to be trivial to break. This has made people

Just to add a data point, chaos seems to be worth a look.  MIT's
Research Lab have created new signal-processors designs based on chaos
theroy for use in secure communication.

They are based on a recent descovery called synchronized chaos, where
a transmitter and receiver synchronize with each other.

I have a photo copy of an article in front of me but (blush) it has
no identifying elements to it.  I will look monday for the original
and post the source.

mycal

Thread