1993-11-29 - Re: newsgroup v news-list

Header Data

From: lefty@apple.com (Lefty)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a69a79dfca30aa51897855e683c4aaf53433f68e1ac4e915cff0c364ec02dc38
Message ID: <9311291731.AA20087@internal.apple.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 29 Nov 93 09:32:10 PST

Raw message

From: lefty@apple.com (Lefty)
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 93 09:32:10 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: newsgroup v news-list

>We are talking about limiting access to the list (for whatever reason), THAT
>is cencorship.

Nonsense.  Spend a little time with Mr. Dictionary, and you should be able
to adduce the meaning of the word "censorship".  It isn't what you seem to
think it is.

On the other hand, if you truly feel the way you do, please let me have a
copy of your house key and warn your Significant Other that I'll be
dropping by for an extended snuggle.  I'll also help myself to your stereo
and VCR while I'm there.

What?  You don't _like_ that idea?

You wouldn't want to _censor_ me, would you?

>I personaly find the idea that a person has to 'earn' the right to make a
>statement on a mail-list or newsgroup as counter-free speech. I oppose your
>view.

Read the First Amendment.  Learn something about free speech.  It would
assist you in weaning yourself away from sounding like an uninformed fool.

--
Lefty (lefty@apple.com)

Thread