1993-11-27 - newsgroup v news-list

Header Data

From: Jim choate <ravage@wixer.bga.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b0ca91aac08ad65ce609b583bc9d2b3b92f244adc51ac08f921b930d6b5c6bba
Message ID: <9311272255.AA08212@wixer>
Raw Date: Sat, 27 Nov 93 15:14:44 PST

Raw message

From: Jim choate <ravage@wixer.bga.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 93 15:14:44 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: newsgroup v news-list

I have been mulling over the pro's and con's of both for a group such as this
and realy I don't see it makes a great deal of difference. The problem right
now to me is staying on topic (ie crypt and politics). Neither of these
forums will provide that kind of discipline w/o some kind of moderation.

Also, I would appreciate any more comments on the distinctions between this
mail list, CypherPunks as promoted in the media, and the CypherPunks as it
realy exists. I am intrigued by the various distinctions that I have recieved
in private mail (and they span the whole gamut of views). If one thing has
become clear is that everyone disagrees about what c-punks is and how it
works.

Thread