1993-11-12 - MATH: new number

Header Data

From: strick – henry strickland <strick@versant.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: bc1da3fc480a93f790365f88fbe71b08c73c24ec591f10c2b971bfce8937c62a
Message ID: <9311120044.AA23664@versant.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 11 Nov 93 16:43:35 PST

Raw message

From: strick -- henry strickland <strick@versant.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 93 16:43:35 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: MATH: new number

And now for something completely relevant:

  Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
  From: daveb@harlqn.co.uk (Dave Berry)
  Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1993 19:15:59 GMT

  >   It was mentioned on CNN that the new prime number discovered
  >   recently is four times bigger then the previous record.
  >                               -- John Blasik

     Mathematicians at Cambridge University announced today that they have
     discovered a new whole number between 27 and 28.  "We don't know much
     about its properties", said a spokesman, "but it is causing lots of
     bother in equations.  However, we do know that it's divisible by 6 -
     but only once".
                                  -- "On the hour", BBC Radio.

Thread