1993-11-10 - Applications of cryptography

Header Data

From: an41418@anon.penet.fi (wonderer)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c554338eb9fca5f6faed75bfc316043319bf4c91aeb2d1d2cb14c25f8fcd177a
Message ID: <9311101851.AA00120@anon.penet.fi>
Raw Date: Wed, 10 Nov 93 10:53:21 PST

Raw message

From: an41418@anon.penet.fi (wonderer)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 93 10:53:21 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Applications of cryptography

My apologies for getting caught up in the political
momentum of the Private vs. Public debate on income
tax. It was too tempting...

Anyway, back to wondering.

I am trying to compile information about the different
applications of cryptography. I would like to create
something like the handbook of cryptography. Some
examples that come to mind are: digital cash, DC nets,
coin flipping, mental poker, digital signatures,
secure communication, encrypted file systems, etc.
Any help will be appreciated.

If people respond to me directly, I will post a summary
to the list, and maybe distribute the handbook if it is
a successful project in a few months.

Thanks,
Wonderer
To find out more about the anon service, send mail to help@anon.penet.fi.