1993-11-15 - K. Mitnick

Header Data

From: “L. Detweiler” <ld231782@longs.lance.colostate.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c55555f737dc1af11f4b29e6529d884917e7546ed02035091fd128c886ca0c1c
Message ID: <9311150028.AA17481@longs.lance.colostate.edu>
Raw Date: Sun, 14 Nov 93 17:13:59 PST

Raw message

From: "L. Detweiler" <ld231782@longs.lance.colostate.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 93 17:13:59 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: K. Mitnick

Thanks for all the info on K.Mitnick, the `dark side hacker'. Some have
mailed me saying he changed his name and is living, got a job in
security consulting or something like that (!), and is living in `2.5 kids land'

Another few questions. I heard that the judge barred him from using a
modem for life, or something like that. What was the sentence? How is
it being enforced?

Also, I assume that Mr. Mitnick changed his name legally (hee, hee).
Anyway, I would like to email him, if anyone knows his address.

Thread