1993-11-12 - RE*2: (fwd) Netcom adds access in Denver area

Header Data

From: P.V.McMahon@rea0803.wins.icl.co.uk
To: “ (Hal Finney)” <hfinney@shell.portal.com>
Message Hash: c815cc9b3a18b8d550f7cc32916cfcc8f209dac50d86437a860ad23300e3fa72
Message ID: <“7702*/I=PV/S=McMahon/OU=rea0803/O=icl/PRMD=icl/ADMD=gold 400/C=GB/”@MHS>
Raw Date: Fri, 12 Nov 93 11:04:50 PST

Raw message

From: P.V.McMahon@rea0803.wins.icl.co.uk
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 93 11:04:50 PST
To: " (Hal Finney)" <hfinney@shell.portal.com>
Subject: RE*2: (fwd) Netcom adds access in Denver area

> these capabilities is far beyond my budget.  I can't understand why England
> is so far ahead of the U.S. in this regard.

Do you refer here to its inexpensive private Internet access services
(like demon)?

Apologies if there was an antecedent in previous mail under this subject,
but I have now deleted it.

>                                             No offense intended, but I
> always thought of their telecommunications and computing infrastructure as
> being several years behind the U.S.

What aspect of the UK infrastructure did you perceive as lagging
the US ?

pvm

Ps. I believe that the natural home for this thread isn't on this list.

Thread