1993-11-12 - Re: (fwd) Netcom adds access in Denver area

Header Data

From: geoffw@nexsys.net (Geoff White)
To: gtoal@an-teallach.com
Message Hash: e496ce901309f59f1d908a96f72684f0caf512a99153fe19fc199899ded03128
Message ID: <9311121455.AA09451@nexsys.nexsys.net>
Raw Date: Fri, 12 Nov 93 07:03:43 PST

Raw message

From: geoffw@nexsys.net (Geoff White)
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 93 07:03:43 PST
To: gtoal@an-teallach.com
Subject: Re: (fwd) Netcom adds access in Denver area

>  I'd be more thrilled if they were doing what demon do and putting
>  people's own sites on the net under SLIP for a flat rate (with demon
>  it's 10 pounds per month - call it 15 bucks) and just ordinary phone-
>  call costs on top.  [If netcom now does this, apologies - it's been
>  some time since I looked into the US slip culture]

Well InterNex is hooking people up via ISDN using PPP.  This is a full
56 kbps link with domain name registration, and nntp feed for $150/month
(plus your ISDN bill which will run $28/month + $.01 per minute)
I have this installed in my house (nexsys.net) and it's great, there's
never any need to leave my Sun at home, except for meetings and such,
if your interested you can ftp their stuff from ftp.internex.net.

Thread