1993-11-29 - Re: Remailers: Turnaround Times?

Header Data

From: hfinney@shell.portal.com (Hal Finney)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ee52d2011d11b674e43427210a7b84db3823b51e8c5197f3b115ee69da427e64
Message ID: <9311290418.AA28129@jobe.shell.portal.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 28 Nov 93 20:19:40 PST

Raw message

From: hfinney@shell.portal.com (Hal Finney)
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 93 20:19:40 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re:  Remailers: Turnaround Times?

Coerr asks about turnaround times for the remailers.  Karl Barrus posts
a list of remailers approximately every month.  On that list he shows
which remailers have high-speed, continuous connections to the internet
and which have intermittent connections which introduce larger than normal
delays.  In my experience, the direct-connected remailers generally respond
within a minute or two.  The other ones introduce delays ranging from an
hour or so up to overnight.  A good test is to send a "ping" (remail to self)
message to each remailer and see how quickly responses arrive.  In my
experience, the extropia remailer tends to take a few hours, while the rebma
remailer is usually a day or sometimes longer.  I don't have recent values
for the others.

Hal Finney
hfinney@shell.portal.com

Thread