1993-11-11 - (fwd) Netcom adds access in Denver area

Header Data

From: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
To: extropians@extropy.org
Message Hash: f49813a08eb967d4819a37ed88c2d52134a84ad1846f4fc6445c10cf8f250d3c
Message ID: <199311111815.KAA05545@mail.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 11 Nov 93 10:19:11 PST

Raw message

From: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 93 10:19:11 PST
To: extropians@extropy.org
Subject: (fwd) Netcom adds access in Denver area

Cyphertentacles and Extropiates,

Here's a convenient list of the latest Netcom sites, which span the U.S.

I've been happily using it (well, they changed to a new emacs
yesterday and now my autowrap doesn't work....I hate having to spend a
couple of hours on such a trivial matter) for a year and a half and I
conservatively estimate I've influenced at least 30 people to sign up
for it....too bad I don't get any usage credits for it.

The best things about it: flat monthly fee ($17.50), unlimited connect
time, full range of services (much better than most universities have,
folks tell me), and--best of all--your Netcom account won't change
when you change jobs! And posting with Netcom presumably won't run the
risk of angering your employer.

I'm thrilled that Netcom is expanding so rapidly.

--Tim

Newsgroups: netcom.general,co.general,ba.internet,alt.internet.access.wanted
From: glee@netcom.com (Glee Harrah Cady)
Subject: Netcom adds access in Denver area
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1993 17:22:36 GMT

NETCOM On-line Communication Services, Incorporated is pleased to announce
the expansion of the NETCOM backbone into the Denver, CO metropolitan
area.  To reach the service, using a VT100 terminal emulator dial
303-758-0101 with your modem set to 8,1,N, and hardware flow control.
Denver's new Point of Presence (POP) joins our nationwide backbone in
supporting a full range of network services including:

      o  Internet Connections (T1 & 56kb, dedicated and dialup)
      o  News/Mail feeds with Domain service
      o  Business Dial-up access (news / mail / ftp / telnet / shell)
      o  Host dial access (International and National News, news / mail / ftp / telnet / shell)
      o  Personal Network (SLIP or PPP) Connections (PNC)
      o  FrameConnect Internet Services

NETCOM can be your gateway to economical global communications.  A
connection to the NETCOM state-of-the-art network will deliver
connectivity at very affordable prices.  NETCOM offers Internet
connections, news feeds, electronic mail, local access points throughout
the United States, source archives, telecommunications consulting,
discounts on purchases of communication equipment, and other services.

NETCOM offers a guest account to provide more information about its
services. To access the guest account via your modem and personal
computer, dial a local access number from the list below.  After you
connect, at the Login: prompt, type "guest".  You need not type in a
password.  Remember, you must use lower case letters. If you prefer, you
can also log in via telnet to netcom.netcom.com or to the IP address of
192.100.81.100.  Here are a few of the local access 1200/2400/9600
V.32/V.42 numbers:

	206-547-5992		Seattle

	214-753-0044		Dallas

	310-842-8835		Los Angeles

	303-758-0101		Denver

	404-303-9765		Atlanta

	408-241-9760		San Jose

	408-459-9851		Santa Cruz

	415-328-9940		Palo Alto

	415-985-5650		San Francisco

	503-626-6833		Portland

	510-426-6610		Pleasanton

	510-865-9004		Alameda

	617-237-8600		Boston

	619-234-0524		San Diego

	703-255-5951		Washington DC

	714-708-3800		Irvine

	818-585-3400		Pasadena

	916-965-1371		Sacramento

                 VOICE:        (408) 554-8649
                   FAX:        (408) 241-9145
  Local Access Numbers:        (800) 488-2558

- info@netcom.com (408) 554-8649  NETCOM On-line Communication Services, Inc.

Thread