1993-11-09 - “Philosophical” politics in technical groups

Header Data

From: Wabasha-Kellogg High School <0811wksh@ties.k12.mn.us>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: fc487ddc26631fa300a5f434a49c18614e90c2a379a909aedcbec75f5c657f76
Message ID: <Pine.3.05.9311091018.B2921-9100000@tiesnet.ties.k12.mn.us>
Raw Date: Tue, 9 Nov 93 08:43:11 PST

Raw message

From: Wabasha-Kellogg High School <0811wksh@ties.k12.mn.us>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 93 08:43:11 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: "Philosophical" politics in technical groups

It seems to me the reason some "techies" insist on posting soft political
discourse in thecnical groups is that no one will listen to them in the
groups designed for soft politics, or flames them when they bring up "nuts
& bolts" issues.

Maybe we need a new news thread for people who want to argue soft politics
only with technically oriented people so they don't have to put up with
all those other people who disagree with them for no reason.

Thread