1993-12-18 - DES chips.

Header Data

From: loki@nately.UCSD.EDU (Lance Cottrell)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 22954b21fa83be173caa0e8ae4d624e7f6c34620252c2b793703afc0b9577081
Message ID: <9312180043.AA17582@nately.UCSD.EDU>
Raw Date: Fri, 17 Dec 93 16:41:55 PST

Raw message

From: loki@nately.UCSD.EDU (Lance Cottrell)
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 93 16:41:55 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: DES chips.

I am looking for suppliers of DES chips. I wanted to use an IDEA chip
in the phone I am designing, but the only one made is 177Mbps and costs
about 200SFR. So one possibility is IDEA in software, and the other is
DES (or tripple DES) in hardware. So, if you know name, address, phone,
or email for companies that produce or sell DES chips, please let me know.

Lance Cottrell	who does not speak for CASS/UCSD
Obscura Security Products
loki@nately.ucsd.edu
PGP 2.3 key available by finger or server.

"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly
it flips over, pinning you underneath.  At night the ice
weasels come."
			--Nietzsche